Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Weather Together~

 Hello! I recently participated in another New Catalog Swap hosted by Cheryl Flynn~ OMGoodness, did I get some GREAT swaps back!  This is mine, the one I did 16 of and got 15back- I did two groups so I got back 30 AWESOME new cards! For this one, I used the stamp set Weather Together Bundle, Greetings Thinlets and the Foxy Friend DSP stack.  I basically chose the paper first to work with because I love everything about it! Now, typically when one sees that paper, they think that they have to use it with the Foxy Friends product suite, but I wanted to use this pattern specifically so that's how these two cards came about.

 I stamped out the umbrella handle in Smokey Slate on both cards and then I stamped out the umbrellas in Smokey Slate on to each of the pattern paper choices and used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I then used some Silver Glimmer paper to cut out the bottom of the umbrellas also using the thinlets. I popped up the umbrellas on Dimensionals.  The top one is stamped in Pool Party and Smokey Slate.
 I cut the hello from the Greetings Thinlets using the coordinating color of card stock for each card and stamped out the hearts in Smokey Slate and each with the same color as the base of the card.
 For this card, I used Calypso Coral and Smokey Slate.
I then added the larger Basic Pearl to the top of the umbrella just for some added dimension.
I am in love with so many things from this new catalog! I had a hard time deciding which things to use for this swap...next post will be my second card that I made for this swap.  Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: