Friday, April 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Butterfly!

 This is the card I made for my sister's birthday over a week ago, and I didn't get to see her and give it to her until two days ago, so I can now post it.  I go all out for her because she too loves making cards and is very good at it. I stamped out the Dictionary background in Soft Suede onto Whisper White card stock that I layered onto Melon Mambo. I layered a piece of the Fancy Foil Vellum onto both of those first layers to soften it up a bit.
 Then I cut a beautiful butterfly from the Butterfly Framelits from Gold Glimmer paper and punched a smaller one from the Small Butterfly punch from Patterned Prints DSP pack using a sheet of Old Olive.  I clipped a clothespin to the butterflies and then all of it to a piece of that gorgeous Sahara Sand Lace trim.
 I stamped out Happy Birthday from Labels of Love stamp set in Old Olive ink and punched it out using the matching punch. I punched out two more  in Melon Mambo and layered them behind that to make it a little brighter and then stuck it all down to a Wide Oval Gold Glitter paper layer.
I used another piece of Saraha Sand Lace trim at the bottom of the card and then tied a small piece of 1/8th Gold Taffeta Ribbon in a knot around it. LOVE how this card came out! I hope she did too. Well, I gotta run, heading north for squeezing on my baby grandson! Have a great weekend!

0 comments: