Monday, March 2, 2015

Best Day Ever!

Here's the third card from February's class.  Talk about way behind...geesh!  I wanted to brighten up the colors for class since it's been, well, winter for so long that I needed something bright and cheery.  I started by layering Crushed Curry and a layer of Island Indigo, that I ran through Decorative Dots embossing folder, on top of a Whisper White card base.
I punched a border with the Hearts Border Punch into Real Red card stock and stuck it behind a banner of Whisper White that I cut using the Banners Framelits and stamped randomly the geometric shapes from the Best Day Ever stamp set (FREE during Salebration) in Crushed Curry, Real Red and Island Indigo inks. I added some Crushed Curry Baker's Twine around the "tag".  I used the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch and cut from Crushed Curry and followed up layers in Real Red and Island Indigo using the two next smaller circle punches.  I stamped out the sentiment in Whisper White ink and finished it off with Basic Rhinestones. Well, I'm off to Literacy Night at the Elementary school for Dr. Suess' Birthday.  Have a good Monday night everyone! Thanks for stopping in.

0 comments: