Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy 17th Sarah!

 Yesterday was our 3rd daughter's 17th birthday and I had a hard time with that? I have had two daughters before her turn 17 at some point, but who knows..just feeling nostalgic I guess.  She loves ALL THINGS VINTAGE, girl gets it from her mom...;)  I started out by layering Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla card base and then I stamped the Lovely Lace background in Gold Metallic ink onto Canvas paper.
 I cut a piece of Gold Soriee DSP to put behind the stamped butterfly, in which that is the Swallowtail stamp, and it is stamped in Gold Metallic ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I ran a piece of Gold Ribbon behind both of the layers and tied a bow. I thought it would be pretty to add some Venetian Crochet Trim just over it to add some vintage feel to it.
I stamped out the Happy Birthday in Coastal Cabana onto Very Vanilla and used the Finishing Touches Edgelit die with Coastal Cabana card stock to add a little more pop of color, and what says vinatage than that gorgeous color! I finished off the card with three Basic Pearls that I colored with my Coastal Cabana Blendabilites.
I think I love this card more than any card I have ever made.  I may frame it for her (or for my stamp room-lol)...

0 comments: