Saturday, December 20, 2014

Fancy Gift Card Holder

 Happy Saturday! Holy Cow, only 6 days left until Christmas and I hope you are all close to ready! I am NOT!  I will get it done, but just not feeling well today still.  So, here is the 4th project from our Hostess Party.  I love making these, so easy, and so many possibilites for colors, papers etc.  It appears to be a card, but if you lift the "lid", it becomes a "slider" type gift card holder. I think it would be adorable baby or wedding announcement also. So the outside is made from Baked Brown Sugar card stock and I chose this color to accomodate the Nordic Holiday DSP pack.  I love that they are not traditional Christmas colors.  I used a strip of Calypso Coral cardstock behind the strip of DSP on the front.  For the lid, I used Soft Sky and Gold Glimmer paper that I punched along the edge with the Scallop Border punch.
 I cut a bow from the Bow die(yes, it gets its use!) out of Calypso Coral and assembled it.  I wrapped a piece of DSP around it and hot glued it to the lid. I then stamped out Mingle All the Way onto Baked Brown Sugar with Whisper White ink and punched out with the 2" Circle punch and then edged it directly from ink pad to tag, punched a hole and added some Linen Thread to it and adhered it with a glue dot.
Open it up and viola! a piece of card stock taped to the inside on the flap that opens and it reveals a gift card!   I'm going to get back to cleaning now, I took a 2 hour nap today for sinus crud, but woke up with a dull headache and just am trying to keep up with my list of to dos so that I can relax before the big stuff happens this week!

0 comments: