Thursday, December 18, 2014

Big Shot Bow Die Santa

This past Monday, I held my Hostess Club Appreciation Party for Christmas.  I was sad that not all of them could join us, but I had over 3/4 of them able too and we had fun.  We met for supper at Boogaloo Cafe and had a sit down dinner in which I heard a few say that they loved that because some are in groups that they have never met before.  That warms my heart.  We don't get to meet monthly or even quarterly as some clubs do, due to so many busy lives and the distance between me and them, so every 6 months, I host a party just for them to come and stamp! This was one of the projects we made. I LOVE the Bow Die for the Big Shot! One of the most versatile dies we have had.   So, had seen this last year at Christmas time and didn't get a chance to make it, so, finally this year, I did.
I cut the bow out in Whisper White, and assembled it as I would for a bow, except, I did "squish" down his "beard.  I added a sliver of Blushing Bride behind it and punched out some eyes from the Owl Builder Punch.  I also just cut a 1/2" inch wide piece of Whisper White for the brim of his hat.  For the hat, I traced out a triangle of Real Red and then just simply folded it down.  I used the 3/4" circle punch and punched out a Blushing Bride nose and sponged around it for a little "chill" to it.  I finished of Santa with the Boho Blossom punch and some Silver Glimmer paper.  I made the tag by cutting a piece of Night of Navy card stock to 3" x 9 1/2" and used my 1 3/8th circle punch to punch out the hole for the wine bottle neck to fit through.  I simply stamped snowflakes from Many Merry Stars stamp set in Whisper White ink and then took the ink pad and edged the tag.  I stamped the Tis' the Season in Real Red ink onto Whisper White card stock and fussy cut it out and then adhered it to the tag.
So, come back tommorrow and I will show you something else we made!

0 comments: