Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Punch Art Fun

Happy May everyone! I hope that the weather for you is as BEAUTIFUL as it is here.  The flowers are blooming, the trees are getting green and that grass, wow! We've mowed twice already!  
Welcome to this month's Blog Hop! This month I'm a little out of my "element" with punch art, but I made something simple and I like how it came out.  So, as you move through the SSS Blog Hop, we are GETTIN' PUNCHY!   So, grab your favorite beverage and snack and hop along to see some awesome ideas using the wonderful assortment of punches that Stampin' Up! offers.
You might have just came from Cynthia's Blog (http://inkadoodlecreations.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-berry-best-stylin-stampin-squad-may.html) and if not, well, no worries, you can get the whole list of blog hoppers at the end of my post. 
 So, here is what I came up with.  I have seen these flowers for a long time on different blogs, but I had never made one.  And in fact, I do believe this is WHY I bought the Bird Builder punch.  YES! I said Bird! You may be wondering where the bird is? Well, I didn't actually use the bird image from the punch but it's wings (for the flower buds) and the branch for the stems.  Isn't that fun? Now, I like to think of them as roses.  I started with Smokey Slate as my base, and added a piece of Cherry Cobbler and then a piece of that delicious Silver Embossed Vellum over the bottom half.  To hide the seam, I attached a piece of Cherry Cobbler Chevron ribbon through the middle.  For the roses, I punched out 6 wings and assembled them to resemble roses and then I punched out two branches from Always Artichoke and snipped off the outer leaf, so I had stems instead of branches.  I ran two different size Oval Framelits through using Smokey Slate and Whisper White card stock and used the Paper Piercing Mat and Essentials Pack to go around the larger oval.
I stamped out the Happy Mother's Day from Teeny Tiny Wishes, which is retiring soon in Always Artichoke onto AA card stock.  Using Dimensionals, I stuck it down and added some Basic Rhinestones. 
I hope this has inspired you to go get your punches out and see what cool things you can come up with!
Thanks for stopping by.  Now head on over to Shellie's Blog.

Blog Hop Participant List: 



  • Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun

    1. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
    2. Cynthia R. of Ink-A-Doodle Creations
    3. Jamie H. of Unique Ink
    4. Shellie G. of Craft Smashup
    5. Donna S. of Organized Chaos
    6. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
    7. Bree R. of Craft-Somnia
    8. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
    9. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim




    7 comments:

    Cynthia said...

    Very pretty card. Love the flowers with the chevron ribbon. The two go together nicely!

    Kim Ryden said...

    Cute tulips! Love your use of punches!

    Deb Naylor said...

    What a pretty card.....I love using punches for outside of the box ideas!

    Unknown said...

    pretty tulips. I like how they look like they are framed.

    brrenwick said...

    So pretty! I love the tulips in the pretty oval frame!

    Unknown said...

    love this...now I need to get the bird builder punch. I love punches...can't pass one without wanting it :)

    Diana Eichfeld said...

    So clever, I love the flowers and the design is perfect!