Thursday, May 29, 2014

Polka Dot Pieces

Hello! Today is the last day of school for my kiddos and I must say, I cannot believe how fast May went by...I say that every month, but really, it's gone fast! As I said yesterday, I am inspired so many times by Deb Henderson and when I saw this card by her, I decided I wanted to make it too, but I changed out the colors.
I started by layering Basic Gray onto Whisper White and then Daffodil Delight onto that.  I ran another piece of Whisper White through the Alphabet Press embossing folder and laid it down on the Daffodil Delight layer.  I cut a Whisper White Deco Label and layered it onto the embossing piece.  I stamped out three flowers from the Polka Dot Pieces stamp set in Daffodil Delight ink and punched them out with the 1 3/4 Scallop Circle punch and the butterfly and sentiment from the set in Basic Gray ink, punching the butterfly with the coordinating punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, and then I fussy cut the sentiment out.  I stuck the butterfly down with Mini Glue Dots and folded up the wings for dimension.  I hope you have enjoyed May cards....I need to get to my stamp room and finish designing my June cards.

0 comments: