Monday, March 17, 2014

Scalloped Tag Topper Punch-Hello Card

 Hope you are having a wonderful Monday! I am! The sun is shining and it's warming up and the snow is thawing, YAY!  I wanted to post my workshop projects from my last two workshops this month.  I was dying to try this technique with my Scallop Tag Topper Punch and to play with my Fringe Scissors, so I combined them and came up with this.  I am happy with how they turned out.  They are both made with the Fresh Prints Paper Stack from the Mini catalog but I switched out the base color of card stock for each one. This one is done in Whisper White.
 This one the base color is Coastal Cabana.  I made the flower by cutting a piece of our Crepe Paper in half and folding it over and gluing each strip and using my Fringe Scissors to make the "petals".  I actually achieved this full looking flower by rolling two pieces together.  Once I got it done, I cut the prongs off of a Real Red Glimmer Brad and using a couple of Glue Dots to stick it down.  I then scrunched the petals up and fluffed them out again.  I stuck the whole flower done using lots of Glue Dots. I stamped the Hello Friend from the Peachy Keen stamp set in Real Red and tied the card together using the Real Red 1/8th Taffeta Ribbon.
Here is an up close of the flower.  They are so much fun to make!  As well as the card, that is the real WOW! factor of this whole card.
Come back this week and see what other projects I made for my workshops! Now, GO! Go, make something!

2 comments:

Maurine said...

Love 'em! You have Peachy Keen stamps? I love their stamps. I mostly have their little faces and animal faces for my paper dolls and create a critter cricut cartridges! You have outdone yourself!

Jamie Hurley said...

No, the stamp set is called Peachy Keen from SU!lol But Thank you!