I was asked to put some handmade goodies in a store recently here in our little town, and these are one of the things I made for selling. You might wonder what the base of this magnetic board is, well, if you guessed a stove burner cover, then you are right! I traced it onto Gingham Garden DSP and cut it out, sanded the edges and Mod Podged it on.
I have a HUGE array of retired embellishments in my stash and thought what a great way to use them up! These buttons were some of my favorites and I hoarded a whole bunch. Happy to finally use them. I threaded some white cardstock through them and hot glued a magnet onto the back of each one.
I wanted to add some more subtle decoration onto it, so I punched out some flowers from Daffodil Delight and then a scalloped Melon Mambo, slit in between each petal, and a punched out circle to the centers and hot glued them onto the front. For the ribbon for hanging, I used my Cropidile and punched holes in the top and threaded some Satin Ribbon for hanging. I will have a couple more projects to share in the next few days having to do with magnetic boards and frames.
I am a SAHM and I have 4 girls and two adorable grandsons. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 22 years. I have been a Stampin'Up! demonstrator for 11 years. Along with stamping, I try to scrapbook and love spending time with family and friends.