Thursday, October 24, 2013

Truly Grateful Class

 When I got the Holiday Mini catalog back in the summer, I knew right away that I wanted to use so many of the fall items for a class.  I came up with a class that we made a Journal Jar.  I wrapped the jar in Sweater Weather DSP and then added a piece of Burlap Ribbon to it.  I stamped out Thankful For in Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla and using the Deco Labels Framelits, I cut it out and sponged it.  I punched out 4 Tangerine Tango Blossom Flowers and crinkled each one up and unfolded them and held them together using an Antique Brad and hot gluing it onto the tag and then using Very Vanilla Seam Binding, threaded it throught the tag and onto the jar.
 I also had them make a tea light luminary.  This was simply a whole piece of Smokey Slate cardstock cut in half lengthwise and scored on the long side at 2 3/4 on each end.  I layered the outside panels with the Sweater Weather DSP and cut leaves from the BigZ Autumn Leaves die from Champagne Glimmer paper and some from the Sweater Weather DSP.  I added some Vintage Lace Ribbon and a Vintage button to one of the panel and stamped just the word Thankful onto a stip of Very Vanilla in Tangerine Tango and flagged the ends.  For the center, I used two different sizes of the Window Frames Framelits and cut just the front piece of Smokey Slate with the smaller die, and a piece of Crushed Curry with the larger one and ran the Crushed Curry one through the Perfect Polka Dot folder and lined them up and adhered them together. Berfore glued the back to the front, I added a piece of Vellum Cardstock behind the opening.  I added some Basic Pearls to the corners of the opening.
I made this frame from a 5x7 frame.  I started out using a piece of the houndstooth print from Sweater Weather DSP pack and layering another piece of it, sponging the edges before adhering it.  I stamped the "barnboard" in Whisper White ink onto Early Expresso cardstock.  I layered a piece of Burlap Ribbon over all of that and then ran another piece of the Sweater Weather DSP through the Autumn Leaves die and crinkled it up and sponged the edges.  I added another Vintage button and some Linen Thread and hot glued it to the leaf.  Once again, stamped the Thankful for in Tangerine Tango onto Very Vanilla cardstock, sponged it and flagged it.
I was hoping for more "fall" like temperatures for my attendees of this class to enjoy these projects before setting out next class projects(pictures coming soon), but hopefully they can still enjoy these with this cold snap we are having.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the Fancy Folds class. I've made so many of those never ending cards since then. They are great for birthdays. I love confusing people with them!!!