Monday, October 21, 2013

A Wedding Card- Fancy Fold Style-Box Card

 We had a wedding this past weekend to attend, and this past summer, I taught a SECOND Fancy Folds class, because I am always looking for different ways to fold paper.  This was my favorite "go to" fancy fold, because it doubles as a money or gift card holder,(also tags, photos, anything flat really).  I started by making the card, which is called a Box Card.
 Then I decorated the outside by cutting mats of Whisper White and Night of Navy chevron pattern from the Regals Paper Pattern Pack and adhering them to the outside panels.  Then I pulled out some of my unused (retired) Artisan something or other(sorry, I threw away the packaging a while back-but you don't need to know, it's retired-lol) pieces including the heart shaped tag and ribbon.  I stamped the Swallowtail butterfly onto the tag in Early Expresso and adhered it, along with the ribbon(Rose Red) to the belly band of the card in which I made out of Crumb Cake, Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the Mr and Mrs. from the stamp set Labels of Love in Crumb Cake on Whisper White and punched it out using the coordinating punch.  And then for the "layer" of Night of Navy behind it, I punched two more out and cut them in opposite directions and made the layer.
Here is the card open, it folds down flat and fits in an A2 envelope.  I stamped the Swallowtail in White ink onto Night of Navy and glued it to the inside of the box card.   Since the bride drove all the way home for the reception from AZ to Iowa, we stuck some money inside.  I'm already working on Fancy Fold III for late winter!

0 comments: