Sunday, September 29, 2013

Birthday Sketches

 As promised, I said I would post the projects we made at the Downline Fun Day.  Here is one of my favorites.  I have so much Washi tape and wanted to show them how to use it in a different way, so I cut two pieces Vellum Cardstock and had them tape 3 sides and punch out different shapes of confetti and pour into the pocket, and then tape the 4th and final side to hold it all in.  I had them use their SNAIL just around the Washi tape so that you couldn't see the tape through the vellum to attach to the card.  The card itself is a base of Whisper White layered with a piece of Bermuda Bay and then layered with Raspberry Ripple and a strip of Birthday Basics wrapped with a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon.
I stamped the Birthday Cake and Happy Birthday cake in Black Stazon onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I left it without coloring because I like that the focus is on the color of confetti in the pocket.  However, I had them stamp with Stazon in case they preferred to color it. (Note: I did color the candle flame).  Stay tuned for the next project we made.  Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: