Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Papillion Potpourri Birthday Card

Good day to you all! I'm loving the weather even though the humidity and I are not friends, I will take it over turning on the furnace. It inspired me to break out some butterflies and make a spring card for one of Jenna's friends who is having a birthday tomorrow. I have always loved this set from the moment I saw it and the Newsprint DSP (which sold out QUICK when the retired list came out!) which I will hoard for years to come.  I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a layer of Melon Mambo cardstock under a piece of DSP and then I picked out several butterflies and embossed some of them with Versamark and White Embossing Powder onto Melon Mambo cardstock and others I stamped in Melon Mambo ink and onto Whisper White cardstock and using both the Elegant Butterfly and Small Butterfly punches I punched them out and staggered them onto the DSP. (For some reason that darn butterfly on the right lower corner never stamps right...hmmm) I added a few Basic Rhinestones to a couple of them.  I ran some more the DSP through the Big Shot using the Tasteful Trim die and one Very Vanilla one and layered them onto the card and "fluffed" up the edges  and before adhering to the card, I added some Polka Dot Scalloped ribbon in Melon Mambo(also retiring) onto the front.  I hope you all are finally enjoying some Spring like temperatures...let's keep the rain away for a bit...

0 comments: