Saturday, May 18, 2013

Paper Pumpkin-Hey There!

 As I mentioned yesterday, I had pulled My Paper Pumpkins all out of their boxes and actually put them together and I am happy that I did. It was indeed just some therapy I needed without thinking too much. My first one I just did very simple with components from the box but added a layer of Island Indigo between the gray card base and patterned paper.
 This is the second one and yet again, left it pretty simple except I used a marker and colored the stamp to leave off the word "there" from Hey There Friend, and punched it out using the 1" circle punch and layered onto a component ( I call it a sunburst?) and added some Marina Mist Baker's Twine and some Basic Rhinestones to the button.
 This one I wanted to step up a bit more, so I added a Doiley and cut a Window Label from Island Indigo cardstock and layered it up.
And this one, I just wanted some subtle color too, so I didn't add any greens or blue.  Instead, I wanted to show how "fancy" you could get from it, so I added a Doiley, Flower Trim, Black Taffeta Ribbon and cut the patterned paper that comes with the kit, from the Apothecary Framelits.  I am hoping that my May MPP comes in the mail today!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried the paper pumpkin when it was on special for $10. Sorry but I don't feel it's really worth $19.95 a month. I barely felt I got my $10 worth. Your cards we make in class every month are way more intricate and so much more showy than the ones they sent. I'll take your 5 cards for $10 every time!!!