Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Patterned Ocassions


I saw a layout like this on Mary Fish's blog, and I changed up the colors a bit and the DSP, added some textures to it and my own touches to make it my own. I am liking the simple layouts alot lately, bringing back basic stamping is always good especially since I always encourage those who tell me, "I just don't have time for being crafty", to keep it simple and that cardmaking shouldn't be so involved that you finish a card and then can't do another because you are too exhausted.  Anyway, there is only 12 days left of Salebration and I can't believe it. The time has FLOWN!  This stamp set Patterned Ocassions is one of my favorite FREE choices.   I used the bandaid out of it and stamped it twice, once in Raspberry Ripple and cut that out using the Oval Framelits, then onto Very Vanilla cardstock again using Pool Party ink and cut that one out by hand  and popped it up on top of the other and layered an Oval a size larger underneath out of Raspberry Ripple cardstock. I punched out a Raspberry Ripple heart with the little heart punch(brain is having issues this morning) and added a Basic Rhinestone and stapled a piece of Raspberry Ripple cardstock to the side. For the base of the card, I used Very Vanilla ran through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, and layered a piece of More Amore DSP onto that, and then ran a strip of Pool Party through the Big Shot using the Adorning Accents (hearts) folder and flipped it over to use the de-bossed side.  Remember, there's less than two weeks left of Salebration! Contact me!

1 comments: