Monday, January 28, 2013

Fancy Favor Owl Box

I saw a project similar to this in my search for treat boxes, and so I switched the colors and design around a bit to make it my own. I used the Fancy Favor treat box and cut Pool Party cardstock to make the body and assembled the box and added a handle.  Then it was on to the face and body. I started by cutting a strip of More Amore DSP (Spring Mini) using my Tasteful Trim die and cutting it down to the appropriate length for each layer of the "feathers". I punched out two eyes from Primrose Petals cardstock using the 1 1/4  " Scallop Circle punch(Spring Mini catalog-carryover )and then the whites and eyeballs are punched out using the 1" and1/2" circle punches.  I added a "gleam" in her eye by drawing them in with the Signo Gel Pen.  I snipped off a piece of Tangerine Tango for the beak.  I thought she needed some wings, so I punched out  a 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle from Primrose Petals cardstock and trimmed it in half, tucked it under the feathers and glued. For her bow, I used a tiny flower from the Paper Daiseys pack and added a Glimmer Brad from the Soft Subtles collection. I finished it off by adding a  Rasperberry Ripple bow to the handle.

0 comments: