Monday, January 21, 2013

Bright Pinwheels!


I decided to bring out some BRIGHT and springy like projects this past week, and I saw a card similar to this and changed a few things to call my own.  First of all, I came out of my box a bit and used Marina Mist.  ( I tend to stick with the same colors over and over, but this DSP makes things so much easier to just pull out all kinds of bright colors!) I used Marina Mist as my base with another layer just smaller on top of it.  I then added a striped piece of Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP(see what I mean!)so that I had a tons of colors to work with.  I ran a Whisper White piece of cardstock through using the Labels Collection Framelits and then again with the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder(this Spring Mini is FULL of AWESOMNESS!).  For the "sticks" on the Pinwheels, I used Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine.  I cut two pinwheels using the PINWHEELS die (also from the new Spring Mini!) from the same DSP and in a jif, had two cute little pinwheels with Silver Glimmer brads in the center, and adhered with Glue Dots to the Baker's Twine onto the card.  I then punched out Melon Mambo using the Modern Label Punch, a Daffodil Delight Small Oval, and then do you see that teeny tiny little punch on with the words? You can earn that FREE with a $50 purchase! I stamped the word Hello using another new stamp set in the Mini called Ciao, Baby! (p. 16) and then of course finished it off with a Basic Rhinestone. I love it! 

0 comments: