Sunday, December 30, 2012

Be My Valentine Penquin

This was another card from December classes. A couple of the girls commented about how it's hard to believe we are already thinking of Valentines Day during the hussle and bussle of Christmas preparations, but trust me it was a nice break to do some cards other than Christmas.  So, this punch art is everywhere, I'm not "big" into it because I think I am all about being "fast" when making cards and this guy had TONS of components, but he turned out so cute! We used Basic Black and Real Red cardstock for the layers, running the Real Red through the Lattice embossing folder.  I cut strips of 1 x4" pattern paper from the Brights Pattern Pack DSP and then cut into a banner.  I used my Circles die and cut some 3" circles from the Big Shot out of Whisper White. And for the sentiment, I stamped the Be My Valentine from Delightful Dozen stamp set in black onto Tangerine Tango cardstock and punched out with the Wide Oval Punch and used the Itty Bitty Heart punch to make the Real Red heart and stuck a Basic Rhinestone on.  For the Penquin: His body is the 1 3/4 and 1 3/8" circle punches, his feet are the feet from the Owl Punch, eyes- 1/4" handheld punch, his hat is punched with the 1" square punch and the 1 3/8" square for the brim and the hat band, the wings/arms are made by punching a large oval and then punching slivers from that, his beak is from the bottom of the Itty Bitty heart punch(the pointy part of heart) from Tangerine Tango and then finished him off with the heart again using the Silver Glimmer paper. (Phew, see why I don't do punch art often-lol!) Come back tommorrow when I show you my own take on a another demo's idea.

0 comments: