Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blossom Love Bugs



These are the Valentines for Jenna's class.  I started by covering clothespins with Real Red pattern (Bold Brights Pattern Pack Designer Series Paper).  I used the Mixed Bunch Stamp set and Blossom Punch from the Occasions Mini catalog to make the love bugs.  I stamped a flower onto white cardstock in black ink, then punched out the flower and trimmed off a section of them on each side.  I then punched out a 3/4 circle of Silver Glitter paper and glued it down to the center using Mono Multi Glue and adhered the eyes.  The hardest part of these was "seperating" the Skittles to place the clothespin in between, there seemed to be extra air in some of the bags.  Anyway, I added the magnets on the back so that after the candy is gone, they can use it on the fridge to hold photos, artwork, etc.  Jenna is getting so good at spelling/writing, she has GREAT teachers!

0 comments: